The title of this post is rather a dramatic way of saying I woke up at eight in the morning on a day I do not have to go to work well before my boyfriend is awake. Let me tell you, this sort of thing does not happen often. I’m more of a…sleep til twelve, groan in annoyance at my boyfriend as he wanders around the room singing as he gets ready for the day. And I’m one hundred percent not kidding here…he’s the kind of morning person who sings himself awake.
And I could totally appreciate it, were it not for the fact that I want to be sleeping.
Suffice to say, I was not incredibly happy to have found myself wide awake so early, but I spent the morning reading and messing around on my phone, so at least it isn’t all bad. But anyway, I’ve been meaning to write this post for a while since I got back, just because I truly feel that this blog is in need of overhaul, partially because I just don’t see myself doing some of the things I did before.
For example, the posts I made on Wednesday were “Talk Abouts” but the problem with that is I regularly run out of topics and I don’t want to turn this blog into something where I talk about anything. It’s a personal choice, but this blog is really about books. And I don’t intend for that to change. SO, there’s going to be a schedule update. And it’s tentative, so expect it to change at one point or another. Possibly.
But I’ve been thinking about it a lot and I really want to come up with a system that allows me to post regularly, every day without falling behind. And to do that, I need material to actually post about.
Posts you can expect from Reader Fox Blog;
- Monday — Book Tags! I’m dedicating these to Monday only since I feel like it will really help me out in terms of always having content on Monday. If you liked my show/movie reviews, I’m sorry, but I just don’t feel like they really fit with the blog anymore so I’m cutting them out.
- Tuesday — Top Ten, hosted by ThatArtsyReaderGirl and one of my favorite things to do, even if it’s massively time consuming. Haha.
- Wednesday — YA Releases on my TBR! This is one of my favorite post series that I do and it’s been kind of…whenever I get to it from the moment I started. I think it deserves a special day and this way, you guys all know when to expect it!
- Thursday — Review Throwbacks; a short post with a link to a review of a book I’ve done previously. I imagine this may be repeating something for some of you, but for anyone new it’ll be a chance to read some of my previous reviews and hopefully be introduced to new books!
- Friday — COVER LOVE! One of my all time favorite post series, this is where I just gush uncontrollably over amazing book covers (and hopefully their artists, if I can find their names—you might be surprised how difficult this actually is and it’s gotten to be a massive irritant for me—because frankly, book covers need love, too.
- Saturday — Still my wrap up day, though who knows if I’ll keep that. I’ve not decided.
- Sunday — ???
Honestly, I’m really torn about Sunday. It used to be Author Sunday, but I really just don’t have the energy to regularly go about searching for new authors to feature since many of them are already being featured when I talk about their books. I just feel like I’ll get to a point where I run out, which might sound utterly ridiculous, but the truth is that I read a lot of the same authors and the only ones who really stand out to me are the ones I LOVE while those whose books are okay, or good but not mind blowing quickly slip my mind?
I wanna keep Author Sunday, but I feel like it would relieve a lot of stress on my end to switch it up. The only problem is that I’m not entirely sure what I’d replace it with. I want it to be something easy, though, especially since I spend a LOT of time searching for Cover Love Friday, which I frankly will not stop because cover artists deserve love, too.
I might reserve Sunday for updates about my writing projects, but then again I’m pretty protective of those and not sure how much I would have to share. Who knows…maybe Sunday will just be a break day for me. We’ll see!
Reviews, as always, will come as I get to them. I’m also considering putting together a quotes day, but I’m not sure when that will be. I think that’s everything I wanted to talk about, but if there’s more I’m sure I’ll post again later.
Anyway, thank you all for sticking around (especially during my hiatus) and thank you for being here now. I hope that you’ll enjoy what I have for you in the coming days, weeks, months, whatever.