Due to the high volume of review requests I receive, it may take some time for me to respond.
I’m always looking for new books to read and am happy to consider review requests from authors and publishers in exchange for an honest review. I accept almost mobi and epub formats, though a hard copy is preferred. A PDF works best for any books containing illustrations. Currently, I live in California, so that’s something to consider as far as hard copies go since I understand shipping costs can be difficult.
Please send all requests to email@example.com and include a short synopsis of the book or a link to the book’s Goodreads page. If you would like the book and review completed in a specific time frame, please include that information as well. Unfortunately, I can only accept books that are written in English.
How long will it take for me to complete the review?
My schedule is currently extremely busy. While I am still accepting review requests, due to the sheer volume I receive (averaging about 5 per day), please be cognizant of the fact that I am unable to accept all requests and it may take some time for me to both read and review your book. I typically am able to review a book within a week of finishing it. Currently, it is taking me longer than usual to finish reading a book. If you have a specific deadline you would like me to meet, please include it in your request. Be aware, however, that I may not be able to accept all time constraints.
Where will the reviews be posted?
All reviews will be posted here on this blog and linked through to Twitter, Tumblr, and Facebook. Reviews will also be posted to Goodreads. Upon request, I can post reviews to Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and / or other websites.
If you are interested in submitting a Young Adult book to be featured in a Book Birthday celebration post, please refer to the Submit a YA Release form.
What genres do I accept?
I mostly read Young Adult fiction of any kind, however, I will accept most Fantasy, Science Fiction, Dystopian, New Adult, Contemporary, Historical Fiction, and Middlegrade. Other genres will typically be at my own discretion about the book, but I do read most fiction. I’m not a huge fan of romance, but I can be persuaded if the sex is not excessive and it has a good plot.
I do not care for, but can be persuaded to read the following genres (request at your own risk, reviews I write for books of these genres will likely reflect my dislike for them):
Aspects that may convince me to read books of the above genres:
Diverse characters (including but not limited to LGBTQ+, racial minorities [especially as main characters]).
Exceptional writing and plot.
Well developed characters (especially if they develop throughout the course of the book).
Please do not request reviews for books in the following genres (chances are I either won’t read them or will hate them):
Books will be rated on a scale of 1-5 stars. I don’t generally provide half star ratings, though I might if I am very unsure about what rating the book deserves.
- One-star (fox ) ratings are typically reserved for very poorly written books. These are the books that I might label DNF if I can’t force myself through it. Some reasons I may have for rating a book one star are that characters are poorly developed, the dialogue is unrealistic, and either the writing or the plot has some serious problems. It is rare that I DNF a book, but it does happen occasionally.
- Two-star (fox ) ratings are for those books that weren’t utterly horrible but weren’t good either. These books usually have something going for them while they still have a few problems. These problems will likely be related to the overall writing quality of the book. Again, poorly developed characters, unrealistic dialogue, and issues with the writing or the plot will influence a rating like this.
- Three-star (fox ) ratings are for the books that were written well but just weren’t for me or for books that had a few problems with realism, character development, plot, and writing quality but none of these problems were excessive and are thus forgivable.
- Four-star (fox ) ratings are for the really good books that I enjoyed reading. These books are exceptionally well written and there are almost no errors in writing quality and plot and character development. I really connected with the story and will be excited to recommend and share it with people I know.
- If I give your book a five-star (fox ) rating I was extremely impressed with the book. The writing was excellent, the characters were fantastic, and the plot was brilliant. I have little or nothing to complain about when it comes to your book and I will most certainly be recommending it to everyone I know.